Iowa Network Services (INS) is pleased to announce the 2014 netINS Scholarship Program. The Program is open to any high school senior whose family is a customer of an Independent Telecommunications Company (ITC) that subscribes to netINS ISP or vISP services. The contest will begin March 1, 2014 and the final deadline to submit entries will be midnight on March 31, 2014.
New! Applicants may select from the following topics:
- “How can public WiFi effect economic development in rural Iowa communities?”
- “How will Smart Premises technology improve quality of life in rural Iowa communities?”
- “How can broadband Internet service improve education in rural Iowa?”
Applicants may approach the topics by including interviews with community officials or business leaders in their communities; and through surveys, case studies or secondary research. Applicants are encouraged to consult with their teachers for resources and tips to produce a winning entry.
New! Applicants may submit entries in the following formats:
- 500- to 1,000-word essay –in a Microsoft® Word® document or PDF file format.
- Slide presentation – via a link to a presentation on Prezi.com or to a PowerPoint® presentation hosted on an online presentation platform such as Slideshare.net, SlideRocket.com or to a file in a shared Dropbox®. Presentation should be limited to a maximum of 20 slides.
- 5- to 10-minute podcast – via a link to an .mp3 audio file hosted on an online platform such as Dropbox or iTunes®.
- 5- to 10-minute video – via a link to a video hosted on a YouTube® channel or a video file saved to a shared Dropbox.
- Infographic or Poster – in a PDF, PNG, or JPG file format (4 MB or less).
Scholarship entries must be submitted through the website, www.netINS.net/scholarships, and will be judged on content alone. Judges will not be aware of the identity or communities of the participants. Awards will be made in May at the ITC of the entrant.
Applicant eligibility and submission requirements have been posted at www.netINS.net/scholarships.